Transfer students from other accredited colleges and universities who are legal residents of Oklahoma may transfer to SWOSU under the following conditions:
- If the student originally met both the high school curricular requirements and academic performance standards of SWOSU, the student must have a grade point average high enough to meet SWOSU’s retention standards; or
- If the student originally met the high school curricular requirements but not the academic performance standards of SWOSU, the student must have a grade point average high enough to meet SWOSU’s retention standards, and must also complete the curricular requirements before transferring; or
- If the student originally met neither the curricular nor the performance requirements of SWOSU, the student must have a grade point average high enough to meet SWOSU’s retention standards based on at least 24 completed semester credit hours of regularly-graded (A, B, C, D, F) college work and must also complete the curricular requirements, as specified.
Transfer students who are not residents of Oklahoma may transfer from an out-of-state institution if they meet the following requirements:
- meet University admission requirements.
- have a retention/graduation GPA of at least 2.0.
- be in good standing at the institution from which they are transferring.
- Transcripts of record from colleges or universities accredited by the Higher Learning Commission or other regional associations will be given full value when appropriate to the student’s degree program.
- Transcripts of records from institutions not accredited by a regional association may be accepted in transfer when appropriate to the student’s degree program and when Southwestern Oklahoma State University has had the opportunity to validate the courses or programs.
- Validation of credits may include, but is not limited to, the completion of college level courses and/or evaluation by an appropriate academic department.
- Credit accepted in transfer that is not in semester credit hours will be converted to semester credit hours.
- All transfer credit is calculated in the cumulative grade point average.
- Evaluation of military service may be accomplished by submitting service records to the Office of the Academic Records.
- Credit recommendations from the American Council on Education will be considered.
- This webpage provides information about eligibility for transfer students and methods in which transfer students can apply depending on the number of hours already completed.
- OSRHE provides information about transfer procedures that is applicable to all Oklahoma colleges and universities
- Course equivalencies are tables of courses that are transferable among Oklahoma public colleges and institutions (as well as some private institutions). Each table displays equivalent courses at each college and university and is organized by academic discipline, such as biology or history.