Frequently Asked Questions
How do I donate?
Drop your items off at the Wellness Center.
Food: Undamaged canned, boxed, dried foods, formula, baby food.
Non-food: Tolietry items, feminine hygiene products, cleaning supplies, diapers.
How often can I visit the Pantry?
A SWOSU student can visit the pantry once per week.
Where is Food Pantry located?
We are located in the Wellness Center.
Who can receive assistance from the Food Pantry?
Any current student with a current student ID.
How much food can a person receive from the Food Pantry?
Recommended guidelines are in the Bulldog Food Pantry and are based on family size.
Can I donate non-food items?
We are currently accepting toiletry items, feminine hygiene products, cleaning supplies and diapers.
What we need the most
- Canned chicken, tuna and ham or hearty, ready-to-go meals like beef stew and chili with meat.
- Canned vegetables: Potatoes, collard greens, beans, carrots, spinach or peas (especially varieties with no salt added)
- Canned fruit and individual fruit cups
- Canned tomatoes & pasta sauce
- Shelf stable milk and alternatives (rice, soy, etc.)
- Snack items like juice boxes, applesauce containers, granola bars
- Single serve macaroni & cheese
- Low-sugar cereal like plain Cheerios
- Peanut or other nut butter, especially crunchy
- Instant oatmeal, instant grits
- Whole grain pasta, brown rice and quinoa
- Biscuit or baking mixes (that only require water)
What we cannot use
- Perishable foods
- Expired food
- Food without a label
- Homemade food
- Food or packaging that’s falling apart or damaged