The HESI Admission Assessment (A2) is designed to assess the academic and personal readiness of prospective students in nursing and health professions. This is an online exam that assesses abilities in the following areas:
- Anatomy & Physiology - general terminology and anatomical structures and systems.
- Grammar - basic grammar, including parts of speech, important terms and their uses, commonly occurring grammatical errors, etc.
- Math - math skills needed for health care fields, including basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, decimals, ratio and proportion, household measures, general math facts, etc.
- Reading Comprehension - reading scenarios to measure reading comprehension, identifying the main idea, finding meaning of words in context, passage comprehension, making logical inferences, etc.
- Critical Thinking - critical thinking ability in situations encountered in healthcare settings and includes problem solving, biases and ethical dilemmas, argument analysis, and analysis of data.
The HESI A2 is administered through the Assessment Center. The HESI may be taken two times in a 12-month period, waiting 14 days between testings. The test must have been completed within the last three years. The cost for HESI A2 is approximately $80. For further information, please contact your advisor or the assessment center.
The HESI Admission Assessment Exam Review, 5th Edition provides students with comprehensive preparatory materials, including topics and question types found in each area of the A2. The guide includes hundreds of sample questions, step-by-step explanations, and comprehensive practice exams to help review subject areas and improve test-taking skills.
Sign Up Information for HESI A2
Program type: BSN
All prospective nursing students must submit verification of HESI A2 scores by the application deadline. The test must have been completed within the last three years.
SWOSU Assessment Center
214 W College (across from Neff Hall)
Weatherford, OK 73096
For the Sayre remote location
Director of Counseling/Assessment & Orientation
580.928.5533, ext. 2131
When you schedule your HESI A2, also schedule an appointment with your advisor to review your HESI A2 score. The Study Guide is currently available in the library at the reserve desk.