PharmCORP is conducted annually every October on the campus of Southwestern Oklahoma State University College of Pharmacy. However, because of the uncertainty of COVID-19 restrictions, we have decided to cancel the event for 2020. It is a day filled with information and hands-on activities for high school students in 9th - 12th grade who are interested in a career in pharmacy. There are eight workshops packed with exercises in pharmacy skills. The event is sponsored by Kappa Epsilon Pharmaceutical Fraternity, a student organization at the SWOSU College of Pharmacy.
|9:30 – 10 a.m.||Registration|
|10 – 10:30 a.m.||Welcome & information|
|10:30 – 10:40 a.m.||Break & travel to next workshop|
|10:40 – 11:10 a.m.||Workshop #1|
|11:10 – 11:20 a.m.||Break & travel to next workshop|
|11:20 – 11:50 a.m.||Workshop #2|
|11:50 a.m. – noon||Break & travel to next workshop|
|Noon – 12:30 p.m.||Workshop #3|
|12:30 – 12:40 p.m.||Break / Go to lunch|
|12:40 – 1:20 p.m.||Lunch provided by SWOSU COP Foundation|
|1:20 – 1:30 p.m.||Break & travel to next workshop|
|1:30 – 2 p.m.||Workshop #4|
|2 – 2:10 p.m.||Break & travel to next workshop|
|2:10 – 2:40 p.m.||Workshop #5|
|2:40 – 2:50 p.m.||Break & travel to next workshop|
|2:50 – 3:20 p.m.||Workshop #6|
|3:20 – 3:30 p.m.||Break & travel to next workshop|
|3:30 – 4 p.m.||Workshop #7|
|4 – 4:10 p.m.||Break & travel to next workshop|
|4:10 – 4:40 p.m.||Workshop #8|
|4:40 – 4:50 p.m.||Break & travel to next workshop|
|4:50 – 5:15 p.m.||Final session & closing remarks|
- Come prepared to interact with SWOSU students, faculty and staff, and be prepared for hands-on pharmacy activities. The program includes laboratory exercises, demonstrations and presentations as indicated in the schedule.
- The dress code is casual, and students are encouraged to represent their school by wearing a school t-shirt. Students may also change into their PharmCORP t-shirts after arrival if they choose. Clothing with inappropriate phrases or graphics will not be allowed. Please wear comfortable shoes as many activities take place in laboratories which may require the student to stand at a laboratory counter.
- Participation is mandatory in all activities while participants are attending PharmCORP. In this way, students can gain new knowledge and skills, plus discover where they have the most interest and talent in the pharmacy program.
- Participants are expected to be respectful of SWOSU and PharmCORP staff, property and other attendees.
- If the program staff discovers that a student has left his or her group, participated in any illegal behavior or has done something to risk his or her safety or the safety of someone else, parents/guardians will be called and the student will be asked to leave the program immediately.
- Students will not be able to leave campus during the duration of this program. All participants are expected to stay until the conclusion of the program at 5:15 p.m. Any student needing to leave early must submit a signed letter from a parent or guardian at registration.
- A student who is accepted for the program will be notified on or before September
20, 2019. At that time, selected participants will be sent a packet with more information
After acceptance, if a student chooses not to enroll in the program or cannot attend PharmCORP, please notify us immediately at KEPharmCORP@gmail.com so that we can extend the opportunity to another student who is on the alternate list. This is very important because there is a limit as to how many students can be accepted.
- Students should plan to arrive by no later than 9:30 a.m. for registration in the Chemistry, Pharmacy, Physics (CPP) building third floor. Parking lots are available on the east side of the CPP building. (See interactive campus map).
- We will contact a parent or guardian of any student who enrolls in PharmCORP but does not arrive or contact us by 10 a.m. This will ensure safety of students participating in the program.
c/o Shelly Stockton, KE Faculty Advisor
College of Pharmacy
100 Campus Drive
Weatherford, OK 73096