Stuart Burchett Analytical Chemistry Award
- Criteria: Awarded in alternate years to the outstanding student completing both Quantitative Analysis and Instrumental Analysis.
Stuart Burchett Analytical Chemistry Scholarship
- Criteria: Awarded each year in the spring semester to the outstanding chemistry major just completing quantitative analysis..
Bobby D. Gunter Freshman Chemistry Achievement Award
- Criteria: Enrolled in Gen Chem II and performed best on an ACS standardized exam.
G.E. Castleberry Freshman Scholarship
- Criteria: Limited to applicants who will be enrolling in Organic Chemistry I for majors in the Fall.
Department Chair's Award
- Criteria: Senior chemistry major who demonstrated outstanding service to the Department of Chemistry & Physics and Chemistry Club.
- Criteria: Restricted to outstanding Sophomore and Junior Chemistry majors. Generally 3-4 are awarded each year using funds collected by the Chemistry Club during the sale of goggles and lab supplies.
- Criteria: For Chemistry majors with solid academic record and/or a history of service for the department who are not residents of the state of Oklahoma. Must be a member of the Chemistry club.
Harold M. White Organic Chemistry Achievement Award
- Criteria: Selected from Organic Chemistry II major’s section by the corresponding instructor (may be based on ACS exam).
Ed Neparko Senior Chemist Award
- Criteria: Limited to the outstanding senior chemistry major.
- Responsibility of : Scholarships and Awards Committee
Outstanding Organic Chemistry Student Award
- Criteria: Organic Chemistry II student (majors or nonmajors section) scoring highest on a standardized exam.
Dan Dill Inorganic Chemistry Award
- Criteria: Outstanding performer in Inorganic Chemistry, as judged by the corresponding instructor.
The Neparko Family Chemistry Scholarship
- Criteria: Limited to Chemistry majors beginning their sophomore year with a gpa of at least 3.25. American Citizen and resident of Oklahoma.
Donald V. Hertzler Scholarship
- Criteria: Awarded to an outstanding high school student who agrees to enroll at SWOSU and declare a major in Chemistry.
All scholarship decisions are made by the Department of Chemistry & Physics Scholarships and Awards Committee. Scholarship applications can be obtained from the Department of Chemistry & Physics chair during the application cycle.
Other SWOSU Scholarships
For more scholarships available at SWOSU, visit the Student Financial Services site.