Welcome to the Department of Nursing, where we strive to educate
nursing graduates to meet the demand for professional practice.
Nursing Degrees Offered
Our graduates are able to
- Practice nursing in a professional, legal, and ethical manner.
- Analyze comprehensive data and make complex and prioritized decisions utilizing the nursing process.
- Provide a safe environment for clients, self, and others.
- Practice a nursing that is client centered, caring, culturally sensitive and based on the physiological, psychosocial and spiritual needs of clients.
- Integrate information technology resources into the provision of client care.
- Provide health-related education to restore health and promote optimal wellness.
- Collaborate with members of the interdisciplinary health care team to promote continuity of client care.
- Use leadership skills in the management of safe, quality client care. Promote quality improvement by participating in the implementation of care-related plans to improve health care services.
- Use research as a basis for evidence based nursing practice and clinical judgment.
What Sets SWOSU Apart From Other Programs
- Low student-to-faculty ratios
- More clinical hours than other programs
- A high-fidelity simulation lab
- Expert faculty members who also serve as advisors
- A wide variety of rural and urban clinical experiences in very desirable facilities
The Campaign for SWOSU Nursing
SWOSU Senior Nursing Students Inducted into Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society. Students must achieve academic excellence and be in the top 35 percent of their graduating class to be a member. Pictured from left to right: Julie Johnston, Valerie Chain, Shelby Bolton, Shaylon Bishop and Morgan Nance.