1. Oath of a Pharmacist
Students are expected to follow the principles outlined in the Oath of a Pharmacist.
“I promise to devote myself to a lifetime of service to others through the profession of pharmacy. In fulfilling this vow:
- I will consider the welfare of humanity and relief of suffering my primary concerns
- I will apply my knowledge, experience, and skills to the best of my ability to assume optimal outcomes for my patients
- I will respect and protect all personal and health information entrusted to me
- I will accept the lifelong obligation to improve my professional knowledge and competence
- I will hold myself and my colleagues to the highest principles of our profession’s moral, ethical, and legal conduct
- I will embrace and advocate changes that improve patient care
- I will utilize my knowledge, skills, experiences, and values to prepare the next generation of pharmacists
I take these vows voluntarily with the full realization of the responsibility with which I am entrusted by the public.”
The revised Oath was adopted by the AACP House of Delegates in July 2007 and has bene approved by the American Pharmacists Association (http://www.pharmacist.com/oath- pharmacist)
2. SWOSU COP Professionalism Policy
3. Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Students shall utilize the elements within the CPD process to develop habits associated with becoming a lifelong learner.
For information, please refer to the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, Guidance on Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for the Profession of Pharmacy