Follow these steps if you have a complaint with an instructor, an advisor, scheduling or other issues.
- If a student has a problem with an instructor, he/she should first speak to the instructor directly. In many circumstances, a miscommunication can be cleared in that manner before proceeding.
- If the problem was not resolved by speaking to the instructor, or the student does not feel comfortable doing so, the student should schedule an appointment with his/her advisor. Student advisors can be identified by logging into Self Service. Advisors are generally assigned according to major areas and are available to help students through email or in-person meetings during advisor’s office hours.
- If the problem was not resolved by speaking to the instructor and/or student advisor,
the next step is to send an e-mail and/or schedule an appointment with the Department
The Chair for the Department of Business is Dr. Trisha Wald;
The Chair for the Department of Computer Science is Dr. Karen Sweeney;
The Chair for the Department of Engineering Technology is Ms. Cindi Albrightson.
- If the problem is still not resolved, send an e-mail or schedule an appointment with
Everett Dobson School of Business and Technology Associate Dean
Dr. Patsy Parker | STF 335 |580.774.3284
- Should the problem still lack resolution, send an e-mail and/or schedule an appointment
SWOSU Provost for Academic Affairs
Dr. Joel Kendall | HAB 210-B | 580.774.3771
- As an additional option, students can see
SWOSU Acting Dean of Students
Jordan Selman | STF 211 | 580.774.3767
Vice President for Student Affairs
Dr. Patsy Parker, | HAB 208-B | 580.774.7172