Do you meet the Admissions Criteria?
- Retention GPA 2.5 or above.
- Holds a valid unencumbered RN license OR is in their last semester of an ACEN, CCNE, or NLN-CNEA-accredited ADN program.
- Have an informal degree check completed.
- Be a resident of a SARA-approved state or territory OR live on a U.S. military base.
- Current legal residents of the United States, you may check with email@example.com, if you are an international student, to determine your eligibility to attend this program.
- Applicants from states other than Oklahoma are responsible for checking with their State Board of Nursing to ensure that the program will meet their state's requirements.
Are you Elegible?
Southwestern Oklahoma State University’s Registered Nurse (RN) to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) completion track is for current unencumbered licensed registered nurses (RNs) who have graduated with an associate degree or diploma from an accredited nursing program or those enrolled in their last semester of an associate degree program.
The nursing program from which the applicant has received their associate degree must have been accredited by ACEN (formerly NLNAC), CCNE, or NLN-CNEA at the time of the applicant’s full completion of the program. The RN student may receive advance standing articulation hours of up to 31 hours credit.
Check your programs accreditation
All RN students must meet University admission requirements. The BSN curriculum builds upon previous nursing and general education course work. The program is designed to support educational mobility and to strengthen professional growth and leadership abilities of nurses who already have a foundation in the profession.
If you want to apply for admissions into the RN to BSN program at Southwestern, but did not graduate from an ACEN, CCNE, or NLN-CNEA accredited program, you must pass all four NLN NACE II exams (formerly known as the NLN Mobility Exams) with a score of 70% or above.
There are four NLN NACE exams you must pass in order to be accepted to the SWOSU RN-BSN Program:
- NACE II Nursing Care of Child
- NACE II Nursing Care of Childbearing Family
- NACE II Nursing Care of the Adult Client
- NACE II Nursing Care of the Client with Mental Disorder
Visit the Assessment Center website for more information or to schedule an exam.