Content Loading

I've applied as a transfer student. Now what?

Transferring to a different college can be a lot of work; applications, housing, scholarship, deadlines. So we decided to make things a little easier for you. Below are things that every transfer student needs to know about SWOSU.

I submitted my online application to SWOSU, what do I do next?

Now that you have applied, you will need to send us all of your official college transcripts. If you are transferring with less than 24 hours, then you’ll also need to send an official copy of your high school transcript along with ACT/SAT scores. Once your supporting documents have been received, you should hear from us within approximately 10 days regarding your acceptance to SWOSU.

How do I reserve my spot in the Residence Halls?

Once you have been admitted to SWOSU, you will need to fill out a Residence Hall Application and mail it in with the required $100 deposit. Keep in mind the residence halls are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. The sooner you turn in your application, the more likely you are to be assigned the Residence Hall you prefer.

What if I decide not to live in the Residence Halls after I send in my application and deposit?

If you are planning on coming to SWOSU for the Fall semester, then just let us know by July 1st and we will refund your $100 deposit. If you are coming for the Spring semester however, we cannot refund your deposit. You will need to call Residence Life at 580.774.3024 about a refund. For more information about housing, take a look at their page on the SWOSU website.

What scholarships are available at SWOSU and how do I apply?

SWOSU offers both a Transfer Tuition Scholarship (Oklahoma residents only) and the Weatherford Community Scholarships (residents and nonresidents). The Transfer Tuition Scholarship is awarded as either a 6 or 12 hour award per semester for one year. The Weatherford Community Scholarship is a $1,500 scholarship for the year ($750/semester).

The deadline for Fall transfers is May 15 and the deadline for Spring transfers is December 15. All completed transcripts must be on file with the Academic Records’s Office by June 15 for Fall transfers or January 15 for Spring transfers. The application for these scholarships can be found on our Student Financial Services webpage. If this date has passed, don’t panic. You still have time to fill out the online FAFSA. If you are not an Oklahoma resident, be sure to check out the criteria for the Nonresident Tuition Scholarship.

How do I enroll in my classes?

After you receive your acceptance letter, contact the Admissions and Recruitment office to set up your advisement/enrollment date and time. See contact information below to set up your visit.

I’d like to see the residence halls and take a look at the campus. How do I set that up?

The Admissions and Recruitment office handles all campus tours. Schedule a tour online or call our office at 580.774.3782 to set up a tour.

What if I decide not to live on campus after I send in my Resident Hall Application an deposit?

If you are coming for the Spring semester, you will need to call Residence Life at 580.774.3024 about a refund. For more information about housing, take a look at the Residence Life webpage.

This is a lot of information to take in at one time! I’m sure I’ll have more questions later. Who should I contact?

The Admissions and Recruitment office. Feel free to email us at or call us at 580.774.3782.