Content Loading

SWOSU Housing FAQs

University housing is available for current SWOSU students, faculty and staff only.

Housing accommodations are available in a nine-month academic term and/or a three-month summer term. Space is often limited and reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.

You can make payments all at once or in four installments. Any further questions, please contact the business office at 580.774.3019.

A meal plan must be purchased if you live in a residence hall.

Private rooms are limited and are assigned based on availability. Please know that requesting a private room on the application does not guarantee you will be assigned one.

You are free to change your mind and receive a full refund of your deposit if we receive your request in writing by June 1.

Cancelling after June 1 will result in a forfeit of your deposit.

Once you officially check into your residence, you will be expected to fulfill the full term of the contract. If you cancel at any point after moving into your room, you will be charged a $600 contract breakage fee.

Email us If you would like to cancel your application prior to June 1.

Any changes you would like to make after you move in, should be made through your Housing Coordinator.  

E-mails will be sent to the residents SWOSU student e-mail account by June 15. The e-mail will give room number, roommate name and the roommate’s phone number.

On the roommate questionnaire portion of the application, please write the name of the person you want to room with. Please make sure they do likewise on their application.

Email us your request OR go to the Residence Life Office (located at southwest corner of Neff Hall under the blue awning).

You can use your ID card at

  • Duke's Diner (cafeteria)
  • University Grill (food court)
  • Bulldog Beanery (located in student union)
  • Brandy’s Grab ‘n’ Go
  • University Market (also known as the C-store, located next to the bookstore),
  • Vending machines in the buildings for food/dining purposes

Your SWOSU ID also gets you free admission into

  • SWOSU games/activities
  • Wellness Center

There is parking available around each building. You (and every other student) do need a parking permit, which you can get from Campus Police (offices are located at the southeast corner of campus across the street from Stewart Hall). Make sure to take your Student ID, know your license plate number, and the make and model of your vehicle.