SAGE STEAM Camp Enriches Oklahoma Students
The Southwest Alliance for Girls' Enrichment in Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts / Humanities, and Mathematics (SAGE STEAM) Camp is a week-long residential program held on SWOSU’s Weatherford campus each summer. Students get hands-on experience in science experiments, technology applications, design and building, writing reflections, and math applications while interacting with other girls like them.
Example camp activities include the following
- Interactive learning in workshops featuring science, technology, engineering, the arts/humanities, and mathematics
- Exercises that strengthen personal and professional growth and development in middle schoolers
- Experiencing STEM and arts/humanities on-site at businesses and locations in and around Weatherford
- Field trips to OKC to explore STEM and arts/humanities organizations and industries
- Networking with women mentors in STEM- and arts/humanities-related careers during workshops and at “speed-meeting” events
- Graduating and being recognized at a closing ceremony and awards program
Support SAGE STEAM
The SAGE STEAM Camp offers Oklahoma’s middle school students a rare opportunity to experience science, technology, engineering, the arts / humanities, and mathematics education outside of the traditional classroom. Campers pay a small registration fee compared to the actual cost of camp. That’s why your support is needed -- We don’t want any barrier to keep an interested student from attending.
Find out how far your support can go in helping a student attend SAGE STEAM.Become a Supporter
Because over 80 percent of the SAGE STEAM Camp is funded by grants and donations, camp does not exist without the help of dedicated volunteers. There are many opportunities for SWOSU students, faculty, and staff – as well as for community members, businesses and organizations – to be a part of this camp.